Many of us spend our 8/10 hours daily working at the office. We always require a good and clean office chair for our desk. With everyday use, our office chairs tend to have bad look because of dust, germs or dirt.
There are some popular materials used in office chairs. We tried here to let you know how to clean your office chairs in the best way. Just following this way you’ll fell a better sitting on your chair and will have a new look in your office chair.
How to Clean Your Office Chairs? (Answered)
How to clean an Upholstered Chair
At first vacuum it to get off the most of the dirt and grime. Then you can spray a cleaning foam that’s safe for upholstery over the surface of the chair. Cover all the fabric area. Then scrub the surface with a hard-bristle brush to get off the stains. And let it dry for 10 minutes and at last use the vacuum again to remove the dirt which brought by foam. And just have a new look of it.
How to clean Leather Office Chair
Leather chairs are very common and comfortable as the office chair. They are classy and professional. You always want your high-quality leather chair to keep clean and fresh. With regular use, they can get dirty as well. Before clean a leather chair, you should check the manual to see if there’re any instruction to clean it in the right way.
In general, you can follow the following steps to clean a leather office chair:
- Step 1: Vacuum the leather part of the chair frequently to get off the dirt layer and grime. Cover the complete leather surface.
- Step 2: Use a soft bristle brush to scrub the surface. Rub the upholstery into the stain. You should be careful to scrub that the suction isn’t too strong to avoid the damage the leather.
- Step 3: Dry it for few minutes. You can use a clean cloth to wash the other parts of the chair on a regular basis. We can use mild soap and water to wipe the down the surface. Using a leather furniture protector and conditioners allows you a deep cleaning and protect your furniture for a long time.
How to Clean a Fabric Office chair
Fabric chairs are in every house or office. They attract dirt and lint with regular uses. You can use a dry-cleaning formula to avoid using water which speeds up the cleaning and saves your time.
- Step 1: Vacuum the surface of the seat and back seat of the fabric office chair. Vacuuming will help the total filter the fabric more easily.
- Step 2: Spray an upholstery cleaning foam on the surface of the fabric office chair frequently. Cover the back and seat surface of the chair with foam.
- Step 3: Scrub the fabric office chair with a soft bristle brush on any dirty spots or stains. Let it dry for 5 or 10 minutes. It depends on the humidity of the room.
- Step 4: Vacuum the fabric office chair again to remove any dirt lifted out by the cleaning foam.
- Step 5: For a deep cleaning wipe the armrests and chair legs with a clean cloth.
How to Clean Office Chair with Mesh Upholstery
Mesh Chairs are famous in office use because of ventilation they feature. The ventilated seat back allows airflow on your back to stay cool and prevent sweating. They are durable and have a great look. They don’t get too much dirty. When you need to clean it occasionally just follow the steps:
- Step 1: Clean with a vacuum cleaner to remove solid residue from the chair. It allows cleaning the holes and cracks where dirt and debris stack up.
- Step 2: Use a wet rag with liquid soap to brush the dirty or stained part of the mesh office chair. Clean the armrest, backrest, seat pads and down part of the chair.
- Step 3: Let it dry the mesh office chair using vacuum cleaner again for a few minutes.
Learn More: Top Five Best mesh office chair
How to Clean Vinyl Upholstery Office Chair
Vinyl Chairs are the great seating with a great looking for office and home. When you’re to clean your vinyl office chair follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Use a mild liquid soap and water and brush with a soft brush or a clean rag to clean the dirty part.
- Step 2: You can use any other cleaning formula to clean any stronger spot of dirt wiping with the rag.
- Step 3: Just dry it after cleansing.
To keep your furniture clean and fresh with a great looking you have to clean it on a regular basis to avoid the dust and dirty spot on your chair upholstery. The cleaning methods detailed above are basic. You may use more cleaning methods using any other cleaning formula according to your chair manual. But this basic cleaning formula can help you to know how to clean your office chairs gently.